THE NEW EBS RETRACER DELAY IS A COMPLETE WORKSTATION PACKED WITH FEATURES INTO A COMPACT SPACE SAVING PEDAL THAT MAKE ROOM FOR MORE EFFECTS ON YOUR PEDALBOARD. NOW ALSO WITH DESKTOP EDITOR (see the Downloads tab).
What will the ReTracer offer me regarding…
- Possibilities: The ReTracer is a complete delay workstation with few limits! That means access to a dozen different engines with individually changeable parameters. Create your own signature presets and store at one of the more than 200 available slots and organize in banks. You can run this pedal in mono, stereo or dual (true stereo) mode, with Tail, Buffered or True bypass mode set individually for each sound (where applicable).
The ReTracer also features extensive tap tempo settings, effects loop, is midi and expression pedals compatible and a lot more! With the new Desktop Editor (see the Downloads tab), editing is made easy and fun!
- Simplicity: If you prefer simplicity over flexibility, stick with the factory presets or create a few go-to presets of your own and use the ReTracer’s standard control knobs to set the mix-level, feedback, delay time and tone on the fly!
- Precision: You can pick an engine that offer you precise repeats and dial in the exact time in ms with the ReTracer, but you can also pick an engine that let you mess with the parameters for more vintage/analog and modulated delay effects.
- Sound quality: the ReTracer offer High Grade sound with 115 dB dynamics range, 24-bit audio with 48 kHz sample rate.
- Compability: The ReTracer comply with most Midi devices as well as external expression pedals and tap controls.
- Size: The ReTracer is a compact, space-saving pedal with all the features normally found only in big space-craving boxes.
- Price: The ReTracer is an affordable delay pedal considering the capabilities and sound quality it offers.
The EBS ReTracer is developed and designed entirely by EBS, including both hardware and software.
The latest firmware will always be available to download from EBS website and can be installed on your pedal easily through the USB port, following the given instructions.
Find also under the 'Downloads' tab the new Desktop Editor for Windows and MacOs.
Sound samples with BASS by Molle Molin Each sample named by the Preset and Engine used: Sound samples with GUITAR by Andreas Rydman. Sample name indicate the Engine used:
Hands-on, step-by-step instructions to execute common operations with the EBS ReTracer. Including detailed instructions how to use the ReTracer with external devices such as Expression pedals. EBSRetracer_GettingStarted_v1A ->>
The DESKTOP EDITOR for MAC or PC NEW!
Please follow these steps to get started, and make sure you do all the preparations needed before installing the Editor...
- Update the ReTracer with the latest Firmware edition. Download and follow the instructions below to update correctly.
- Download and install the Editor on your computer.
- Connect the pedal to your computer via USB. Plug in your instrument to the pedal, and the pedal to an amp if you want to hear what you do.
- Start the Editor. Note: the first time, it will take a minute for the editor to create a synch file and upload all the necessary information from your pedal.
- Once the synchronizing is done, you are ready to start work with it.
- For a quick guide on the workflow, check out the video introduction below:
We would like to hear from you if you have any questions or details that you’d like to know more about regarding the Editor and how to use it. There will come more tutorials, and we might also put together a Q & A video based on your input. Since this is the first edition, we also would like to hear from you if you find any bugs or other thoughts that could help improve the editor for future editions. Send in your feedback here.
The latest Firmware Utilities and Firmware Version
IMPORTANT! Make sure you have the Firmware Utility installed before you download the Firmware.
Instructions how to update the Firmware is found below, and can also be downloaded as a PDF-file, by clicking here.
Note: you can also download these instructions as a PDF-file, HowToUpdateFirmware_Retracer ->> .
- Download and install the Firmware Utility software for your computer.
- CONNECT USB
Connect the USB (Mini type B) cable to the host computer.
- POWER ON
Hold down the ACTIVE footswitch on the Retracer while plugging in the power supply.
The LED should now start blinking awaiting commands from the Firmware
- START PROGRAM
Now, follow these steps as seen in the pictures, and then you are ready to go!
The EBS Firmware utility, firmware and editor (hereafter called software) is provided "as is". Any expressed or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchant-ability and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby disclaimed.
The software might contain errors and any use of the software will be at your own risk. We are in no event liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages however caused, whether in contract or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of the software.
This disclaimer is governed by Swedish law.
Technical Specifications EBS Retracer:
Nominal Levels: - 8 dBv
Maxium Input and Output Levels: +12 dBv
Input Impedance: 900 kohms stereo / 450 kohms mono
Output Impedance: < 100 ohms
Bandwidth: +0/-3 dB 20 - 20k Hz
Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
Dynamic Range: typ 115 dB (A-weighted)
Power Requirements: 9 - 18 V DC Regulated,
Current Consumption: 200 mA max. @ 9V / 100mA max @18V
(DC power in has no other effect on headroom or performance)
Dimensions (with xternals) W x H x D: 3.3” x 4.5” x 1.9” (83 x 115 x 48 mm)
Weight: 414 gr (0.92 lb.)
Register for updates
Owners of the Retracer can sign up here for messages about new updates: