THE EBS RETRACER DELAY IS A COMPLETE WORKSTATION PACKED WITH FEATURES INTO A COMPACT SPACE SAVING PEDAL THAT MAKES ROOM FOR MORE EFFECTS ON YOUR PEDALBOARD. NOW ALSO WITH DESKTOP EDITOR COMPATIBLE WITH THE BIG SUR macOS AND FIRMAVER REV A3 (fixes issues with Midi clock and External Tapping devices. See the Downloads tab for both)
What will the ReTracer offer me regarding…
- Possibilities: The ReTracer is a complete delay workstation with few limits! That means access to a dozen different engines with individually changeable parameters. Create your own signature presets and store at one of the more than 200 available slots and organize them in banks. You can run this pedal in mono, stereo, or dual (true stereo) mode, with Tail, Buffered, or True bypass mode set individually for each sound (where applicable).
The ReTracer also features extensive tap tempo settings, an effects loop, is midi and expression pedals compatible, and a lot more! With the new Desktop Editor (see the Downloads tab), editing is made easy and fun!
- Simplicity: If you prefer simplicity over flexibility, stick with the factory presets or create a few go-to presets of your own and use the ReTracer’s standard control knobs to set the mix-level, feedback, delay time, and tone on the fly!
- Precision: You can pick an engine that offers you precise repeats and dial in the exact time in ms with the ReTracer, but you can also pick an engine that lets you mess with the parameters for more vintage/analog and modulated delay effects.
- Sound quality: the ReTracer offers High-Grade sound with a 115 dB dynamics range, 24-bit audio with a 48 kHz sample rate.
- Compatibility: The ReTracer complies with most Midi devices as well as external expression pedals and tap controls.
- Size: The ReTracer is a compact, space-saving pedal with all the features normally found only in big space-craving boxes.
- Price: The ReTracer is an affordable delay pedal considering the capabilities and sound quality it offers.
The EBS ReTracer is developed and designed entirely by EBS, including both hardware and software.
The latest editor and firmware will always be available to download from the EBS website and can be installed on your pedal easily through the USB port, following the given instructions.
Find also under the 'Downloads' tab the new Desktop Editor for Windows and macOS.
Sound samples with BASS by Molle Molin Each sample named by the Preset and Engine used:
Sound samples with GUITAR by Andreas Rydman. Sample name indicates the Engine used:
Hands-on, step-by-step instructions to execute common operations with the EBS ReTracer. Including detailed instructions how to use the ReTracer with external devices such as Expression pedals. EBSRetracer_GettingStarted_v1A ->>
The DESKTOP EDITOR for MAC or PC NEW!
Editor 1.1 operates much faster than the previous version and includes an updater for the pedals firmware so you don't need the Firmware Utility software in order to update to the latest firmware anymore.
Another new feature is that you can backup your entire pedal with a click through Options > Backup Device in the Editor's top menu.
Note: the new 1.2 version for MAC, released on Feb 24, 2021, is compatible with the Big Sur macOS.
Please follow these steps to get started…
- Download and install the latest Editor on your computer.
- Connect the pedal to your computer via USB. Plugin your instrument to the pedal, and the pedal to an amp if you want to hear what you do.
- Start the Editor. If the pedal uses an outdated firmware version, the editor will suggest a firmware update. If so, just follow the instructions on the screen to update to the latest firmware (if you are connected to the internet). You can also download the firmware and then install it from your computer while offline (see below).
- You are now ready to work with the editor.
- For a quick guide on the workflow, check out the video introduction below:
We would like to hear from you if you have any questions or details that you’d like to know more about regarding the Editor and how to use it. There will come more tutorials, and we might also put together a Q & A video based on your input. Since this is the first edition, we also would like to hear from you if you find any bugs or other thoughts that could help improve the editor for future editions. Send in your feedback here.
The latest Firmware Version - NEW SINCE MARCH 15, 2021
IMPORTANT! Make sure you have the latest Editor installed before you download the Firmware.
Revision A3 addresses former issues with Midi clock and External Tapping devices, and some other less crucial bug-fixes. Created on March 15, 2021.
- Download and install the latest Editor for your computer.
- CONNECT USB
Connect the USB (Mini type B) cable to the host computer.
- POWER ON
Hold down the ACTIVE footswitch on the Retracer while plugging in the power supply.
The LED should now start blinking.
- START THE EDITOR
The Editor will suggest an update to the latest Firmware. If you are online, just follow the instructions that will appear on the screen to update the pedals firmware.
If you have downloaded the firmware manually, and work offline, you can install the firmware through Options > Update Firmware in the top menu of the Editor.
The EBS firmware and editor (hereafter called software) is provided "as is". Any expressed or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby disclaimed.
The software might contain errors and any use of the software will be at your own risk. We are in no event liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages however caused, whether in contract or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of the software.
This disclaimer is governed by Swedish law.
Technical Specifications EBS Retracer:
Nominal Levels: - 8 dBv
Maxium Input and Output Levels: +12 dBv
Input Impedance: 900 kohms stereo / 450 kohms mono
Output Impedance: < 100 ohms
Bandwidth: +0/-3 dB 20 - 20k Hz
Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
Dynamic Range: typ 115 dB (A-weighted)
Power Requirements: 9 - 18 V DC Regulated,
Current Consumption: 200 mA max. @ 9V / 100mA max @18V
(DC power in has no other effect on headroom or performance)
Dimensions (with xternals) W x H x D: 3.3” x 4.5” x 1.9” (83 x 115 x 48 mm)
Weight: 414 gr (0.92 lb.)
Tempo subdivision options:
Full note, Dotted half note, Half note, Dotted quarter note, Quarter note (default), Dotted eighth note, Triol quarter note, Eighth note, Dotted sixteenth note, Triol eighth note, Sixteenth note, Triol sixteenth note
Register for updates
Owners of the Retracer can sign up here for messages about new updates: