The Desktop Editor for EBS ReTracer Delay NEW!
Note: The new 1.2 version (released Feb 24, 2021) for MAC is compatible with the Big Sur macOS.
Please follow these steps to get started…
- Download and install the latest Editor on your computer
. Connectthe pedal to your computer via USB. Plug in your instrument to the pedal, and the pedal to an amp if you want to hear what you do.
- Start the Editor. If the pedal uses an outdated firmware version, the editor will suggest a firmware update. If so, just follow the instructions on the screen to update to the latest firmware (if you are connected to the internet). You can also download the firmware and then install from your computer while offline (see below).
- You are now ready to work with the editor.
- For a quick guide on the workflow, check out the video introduction below:
We would like to hear from you if you have any questions or details that you’d like to know more about regarding the Editor and how to use it. There will come more tutorials, and we might also put together a Q & A video based on your input. Since this is the first edition, we also would like to hear from you if you find any bugs or other thoughts that could help improve the editor for future editions. Send in your feedback here.
The latest Firmware Version for the EBS ReTracer pedal.
IMPORTANT! Make sure you have the latest editor installed before you download the Firmware.
The new Editor (from version 1.1) should detect and suggest an update of the firmware if it is outdated. If you are connected to the internet, and the pedal is connected to the editor, it can collect and install the latest firmware just by following the alerts that will appear on the screen. However, if you want to download and install the firmware manually, you can get the latest firmware version below.
Note: The Firmware Revision A3 addresses former issues with Midi Clock and External Tapping devices, as well as minor bug fixes. The Rev A3 was created on March 15, 2021.
- Download and install the latest Editor for your computer.
- CONNECT USB
Connect the USB (Mini type B) cable to the host computer.
- POWER ON
Hold down the ACTIVE footswitch on the Retracer while plugging in the power supply. The LED should now start blinking.
- START THE EDITOR
The Editor will suggest an update to the latest Firmware. If you are online, just follow the instructions that will appear on the screen to update the pedals firmware.
If you have downloaded the firmware manually, and work offline, you can install the firmware through Options > Update Firmware in the top menu of the Editor.
Disclaimer: The EBS Firmware and editor (hereafter called software)