The new EBS Magni 502 is a super lightweight bass combo series with innovative design solutions to extend the sound capability of such a compact rig. The difference is magnificent.
Lightweight beyond this world
The choices of materials in conjunction with neodymium speakers make the EBS Magni 502 one of the lightest bass combos in its class (only 15.4 kg for the 210-model!). But don’t worry – the sound is anything but lightweight.
Let the sound out of the box
With the innovative porting of the cabinet both on the front and back, the compact cabinet delivers more output and low-end bass than you would imagine judging by the appearance. The double-porting helps distribute the sound evenly for a great sound experience independently if you stay next to the combo or step further away. It uses the room itself to support and distribute the sound. Still, the tone is solid, punchy, and tight due to the amp’s use of EBS soft clip technology and the highly efficient Neodymium speakers.
Filters and features that make a difference
The amplifier is similar to the EBS Reidmar 502, which means an analog preamp with powerful filters to shape the sound and a 500 W power module developed by EBS with the possibility to hook up an extra cabinet at 4 or 8 ohms if ever needed. You can also use the high-quality XLR output for a balanced line signal from the amp to the FOH mixer without needing an external line box.
Magnificient upgrades since the previous Magni:
- Reduced weight by 6 kg (total weight only 15.4 kg)!
- Neodymium speakers produce a lot more volume and punch.
- Improved frequency response.
- The power amp, developed by EBS, operates at 4 ohms and can handle a 2-ohms load to extend the combo with one 4-ohm or up to two extra 8-ohm speaker cabinets.
- Better suited for the road due to a new hard vinyl coating.
- The woven steel grill contributes to the lesser weight and provides improved airflow.
The first model in the new series, the EBS Magni 502 – 210, is shipping now.
It will be displayed for the first time at the Guitar Summit in Mannheim, September 9-11. Visit us at booth 312 in hall -1.
Estimated price: 1199 EUR / $1399 / 12995 SEK